Sunday, May 6, 2007

My Day With L

We'll L and I went out furniture shopping yesterday.  First we stopped to grab some Greek food for lunch.  I was going to pay for lunch since I knew L was paying for dinner since it was her term, but she came flying over making sure I knew it was her day to pay.  It wa pretty funny.

We checked out a lot of places for a futon for her with many strange characters working at them.  It was nice to be able to separate and come back inside the store without problems.  I'm use to being joined at the hip with my ex.  Anyway we finally found a futon frame at Goodwill for $35 so we packed it up and off we went.  Once back at her place we moved furniture around to help her get her place closer to being settled in. 

It's funny, but still true.  We are attracted to what we lack inside ourselves.  L is a very passionate person while I am very laid back.  Her passion comes out in everything she does.  I got a little nervous yesterday when she got very frustrated when we moving stuff around.  I'm very use to being the venting place of such frustration.  However that was all she was just feeling it.  She never lashed out at me or anything which calmed me down.  The gibbering monkey was happy with his banana. 

I know shopping takes a lot out of L.  I think she just gets to tense with it all.  It's probably why she can't understand why I'm happy to go with her.  This is my area of being a zen master.  Just enjoying my time with her.  So L had a good idea and we decided to stay in last night.  We were going to go out and grab a video and take out Chinese.  However when we got up it was pouring and L was still tired.  So we ordered in and watched some Coupling episodes I had with me.  It was a nice domestic day. 

I know I have been accused of over thinking things, but I feel I am overlooking something.  I feel something is going on in L's mind, but I don't know what it is.  Not saying it is good or bad.  I just know something is brewing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you are not commitment phobic. I think that is what is coming next. We women are monogamous by nature and want to bag the prey when things are going right. Just my thought. Maybe far off...

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you and L have a great time together.

Anonymous said...

Well... if you think that somethings "brewing" in L's mind.. why don't you just ask her?? lol  That would solve that problem.  Just tell her that you are good at picking up on peoples 'vibes' and that you are feeling that she has something on her mind, and perhaps she would like to share it with you.  If she doesn't want to, then let it go.  But.. you may be surprised.  Sometimes women love a man who is intuitive enough to pick up on things like that.  Most men do not have that gift, Mike.  

At any rate, it does sound like the two of you enjoyed your weekend together! :)

Jackie

Anonymous said...

Actually, I"m more thinking that she is commitment-phobic?  Eh, heck.  You're doing fine, but you could ask her sometime if you feel the timing is right.  Glad she doesn't vent at YOU:)  She shouldn't, but nice you found her, who doesn't.