Thursday, May 17, 2007

WTF!?

Good morning Mike,

I hope you are doing well. I said in my email to you that I needed some time apart to think and gather my thoughts and I would talk to you once I reached that goal. I never said that was the end. My intentions were to discuss things with you after my time of reflection. I am sorry you misunderstood. Perhaps I did not make myself clear. I apologize for my lack of clarity if that was the case. I did not intend to leave you hanging (for lack of a better word). I simply needed some time apart to collect my thoughts about us.

At any rate, by the tone and words in your message, it sounds that you have decided to end it. I will certainly comply with your wishes. I wish you the very best, Mike. You are a wonderful man and I will always remember your tenderness, kindness, and love.

L

WTF?!  You don't return my phone calls or the email I sent before this.  In a relationship their are two people and for that to work communication is a must.  Without it, it breaks down.  Self thought is a wonderful thing, even though most of you rib me about it, when it involves another person you can't just drop off the face of the earth leaving the other person in limbo. I know I've done it in the past to disastrous results.

I wrote the email last night because I felt like I was shit on and I no longer wanted to be holding the steaming pile.  However I think I was just handed it back.  The email has made me angrier since it still doesn't sound like a person who wants to be with me, but just a lure to make me come a running.  Been there done that.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

{{{MIKE}}}}

I wondered, frankly, if her intent had been to just take some days or a week or so to sort things through.  But, she didn't word it well.

Yes, two people should communicate better.  I'm sorry.  But, her being so sensitive and scared about a relationship and whatever, she likely is thinking, okay, he's moving on.  

i'm sure your head is in a whirl now.   Perhaps give yourself some time first before you react?  -- Robin

Anonymous said...

you know I would of said...if you respected me as a person you would of told me you needed your space face to face or on the phone not an impersonal email...PLEASE!!!
You left me hanging on purpose because if I mattered to you ....you would of been careful to make sure I didnt misread your email...
She just wanted a way out and was too chicken shit to say it so she took the passive agressive way....and now is saying your to blame..
Good riddence...and there is your red flag...
Donna In TEXAS

Anonymous said...

What a bunch of BS!  She is definitely trying to turn it all around, and no matter what her intentions WERE, she should have talked to you face to face and told you how she felt, instead of taking the chicken shit way out, and writing an email.  That is not respect!  
Mike, do NOT let her make you feel guilty about sending that email to her.  You did nothing wrong!  The conclusions that you drew from what she wrote to you the first time, is what most any of us would have come to.  Most of us, however, would not have been as nice as you were about it.. nor as patient.

You deserve better, and that's all I have to say about THAT!

Hugs
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Mike, let me just add before anyone thinks I'm being weird here, that I also do believe that you deserve better.  I feel for her and herpain, but she should have done this differently, not ignore calls (one thing if she truly missed it), etc., said more to you , some other fashion, been more clear, and well.  I'm sorry, and I hope that you find a better match, in time:)

Anonymous said...

Mike I'm only one woman but you know men & women communicate differently. See if you can get your hands on "He Said, She Said" video by Dr. Deborah Tannen...you can google her. She is at Georgetown Univ. Men are much more literal. I really think she was getting confused or wondering how serious & needed to see how she felt and wanted time to think. Maybe it was getting too fast for her & it scared her. I know in the past I wanted a gentleman to finish up some personal business first and I thought he would return once he did but he didn't. I never meant I didn't want him in my life. Of course in my case I tried to do it in person when he didn't want to & then he cut me off & wouldn't let me talk so... I tried at least. She may have wanted email because she didn't trust herself to be with you...might chicken out & might give in. It is a really tough thing to balance out emotions & logic. I know it is for me. Perhaps cool a bit & email her that you did misunderstand & if she could elaborate more then perhaps you could still talk about what you both want. Try not to get wrapped up with how you feel now...with the frustration. We are all human & we each get a bit confused in our emotions from time to time. Give her that...rather think of whether you really do like her (or more) and if you do then stay with that & fight with every cell in your being to do everything you can to give it a chance.

Anonymous said...

Im so sorry and I understand why you felt she was blowing you off.