Sunday, May 13, 2007

A New Day

Readers note:  Start 2 entries ago to understand all of this.

I have to admit I'm not pining for L.  If you don't want me I don't want you.  Maybe I knew this was coming and I prepared myself I don't know.  The only question I have is that she emailed me.  For all the things she had told me over the last few months this surprised me.  L is the second woman to actually dump me.  I'm happy to say I don't argue when this happens and that I've always talked with the woman when the roles have been reversed

A few people have said that I might hear from her again. I don't know if I want to.  How we handle things says a lot about the person and I don't like how this was handled.  If she had talked to me my answer probably would be different.  I have to admit it wasn't that hard to take down her pictures.  Phone number and email address are still around, but I think they will be gone by the end of the day.  I usually keep them around if I hope to hear from the person again.

So far today I am happy to report the want for another relationship right now is nil which is good.  Since I know that means I'm moving in the right direction.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike !!!!!!!

Why can't I meet a great guy like you in my neighborhood ? If only you lived nearby. Your a totally great guy Mike. I would be lucky to meet a guy like you. I think your charming, funny and you would be great for a single lady such as myself.

Anonymous said...

Mike: I am so sorry about this. I just want to say that the way she ended things was CRAPPY....maybe she has her reasons for ending things but she could have dealt with it better and treated you with some respect. You deserve so much more than  that !!! You are a great person and a good friend....you did not deserve to be treated this way. I am so annoyed about this!!! but remember it is HER loss and not yours!
Maria

Anonymous said...

Mike, I still feel bad for you, but I envy the fact that you are taking it all so well, and are able to move on without feeling too bad about the whole thing.  How you manage that, is beyond me.. but, at any rate, I'm glad that you are moving forward.  

Hugs
jackie

Anonymous said...

One guy told me in an e-mail, that he'd told his daughters already.  I thought, WTF?  Yeah, how to break up says a TON.  I'm glad you do better yourself.  And, yes, you'll be fine.