Thursday, May 10, 2007

Thursday Wrap Up

The rest of my day was really good.  An old patient called me today.  I hadn't seen her in a few months since she went into the hospital then into rehab.  She was still in rehab and would go to assisted living afterwards.  That is something I can't understand.  If you put all your money in social security you will make too much income to have the government pay for assisted living, but they will pay a nursing home for you.  However if you don't put much money in social security your income will be lower and the government will pay for assisted living.  Screwed.  Anyway I digress.  She had no idea where her husband was.  He wasn't doing well by himself while she was away so her daughter in law took him, his stuff, and the money back to NY without a word. she still can get no contact.  It was nice to hear from her though.  I had worried since I had lost contact with them with mail coming back.  So I will go visit her in the morning before work.

I went to my friend DL's graduation ceremony from nursing school.  She was very happy to see me and I was happy for her. I know school had been rough on her and she was ecstatic that it was over.  Even though we don't talk often she is one of the oldest people I still have contact with down her.  She use to be the receptionist in the first office I subleased at.

Last off I joined friends over at the Funny Bone.  It was a good show even with the fire alarm going off.  This was a big joke for the comedians for the rest of the night cause no one moved when it went off and continued to go off.  We only went outside when our ears hurt too much.  One of the ladies in the group liked me.  I tell you I don't know how to handle that.  We were on opposite ends of the table so we never got to talk.  However anytime I looked down at that end she would try to catch my eyes and smile.  I sort of smiled back.  If we were closer I could have just talked and be uninterested, but from across the table it was weird.

My friend Gina did give me the lowdown on L though.  She was like, "duh Mike do I really need to tell you she likes you.  If she pays for you she likes you."  I'll buy that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"If she pays for you, she likes you"....sounds a little illegal to me ;-)

Anonymous said...

And stays seeing you!  :)

I feel sorry for your former patient, not even knowing where her DH is or anything.  Real sad.

Anonymous said...

good point Gina... ;-)
lyn

Anonymous said...

Gina's right.
Hope your old lady friend finds her husband, what the DIL did sounds weird.
Take care Mike and thank you for stopping by my journal, I appreciate it.
Gem :-)