Saturday, May 26, 2007

Let's Talk About Sex

Hanging out tonight.  So I'm perusing around at different journals and I found a really good guy one.  Gaijin Smash.  I don't know how it is in the rest of the free world, but here on AOL it is mostly women bloggers.  I don't mind it and enjoy reading them.  However I read somewhere that men and women are different.  So reading something from a guys point of view is refreshing.  Anyway as I was reading through past entries I came across one on sex and the differences in sex drives with men and women. 

Somewhere in the dim recesses of my mind it was carved in stone that women have a lower sex drive and men are like dogs in heat 24/7.  I mean that was me when I was younger and my ex re-enforced my view of women.  However the other woman and L both had high sex drives.  With L I have come to better grips with it.  I remember having a conversation with my friend Paul early on in the relationship.  I wasn't complaining about it, but it was really a square peg in a round hole in my mind.  I just couldn't come to grips with it.  He was under the same belief as I was, but his female therapist had set him straight with it.  For the life of me I can't remember what he said, but it basically came down that it was normal.  I must have been dropped as a baby.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see where you confusion lies! You said "when I was younger" it was true when you were younger but apparently you have not read information or no one informed you what happens when you get older. I take it you are no longer 18! :-) It is testosterone which gives one "assertiveness" not just in sex but being active in achievement etc. Women when they get older their hormones change & the testosterone in us is no longer totally over taken by estrogen & progesterone. So we not only get more active achievement oriented but when it comes to sex. In fact, I remember telling a friend of mine recently, "I now know what 19 yr old men felt like when we were in college! HA! Of course it also helps that society has changed & allows us to act on this. Haven't you been watching the movies in the last couple of decades? Haven't you even looked at what teen girls are seeing with Brittney Spears & the like...it is all sex for women! Where have you been? Heck, even Sleepless in Seatle talked about this & how old is that! HA! You are making those cavemen in the commercial look intelligent! HA!

Anonymous said...

well sex can be very good. LOL that's all I am saying.