Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Weird

A friend introduced me for my presentation last night and people clapped when I walked up.  It was weird and I said so.  The presentation went well.  Afterwards people said it was a really great presentation.  Working on being proud of my creation.  My friend said I just need to give more time between slides.  He said I took exactly 30 minutes and I could have dragged it to 45 to let people digest the information.  Most of you can't tell from here, but I am a fast talker.  I was doing my best to slow through the presentation tonight.  I'll have to do a 5 count or something before I go to the next slide next time since I'm doing it twice again next month.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Obviously you don't have a college student crowd who would be use to fast talking prof. HA!

Anonymous said...

It may depend upon the crowd, but I like how you got positive feedback!  :)

Anonymous said...

that must have made you feel good..I am in awe because I  cannot imagine anything worse than talking in front of an audience..i have become very self conscious of my accent of late..I am always asked to repeat things and then I get the whole "oh I love british accents" thing..drives me bonkers!!
Lyn

Anonymous said...

it must be a wonderful feeling to know you've given your best at presentation.
Gem :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm a fast talker too, Mike.  I do everything fast.  
:/  Don't even go there! lol

Hugs
jackie
http://journals.aol.com/siennastarr/Hopefloats/