Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Fairwell

When this email break up happened my friend Christine, who I dated but didn't work out, was very strong on me calling L to have my final say.  An old habit that came to me as I lie here in bead tonight is my bad habit of accepting shit.  I grew up that way and it still hangs around, but at least I do spot it from time to time.  So I got up, turned on my laptop, and wrote out a email to L.

L,
 
Since we never had a final talk this medium will have to do.  I was very surprised and hurt when I read your email and that it would end this way.  Throughout our time together we talked about everything and I am still speechless that you would choose the cowardly way out. 
 
Please give Trevor a scratch behind his right ear for me.
 
Goodbye,
 
Michael
 
Hopefully this will give me some measure of closure.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it should be something asking her to be courageous & explain why so she & you will have closure. I hate when people do this & don't explain fully. It is not good for either.

Anonymous said...

I hope so too.  I am so sorry, Mike.

Terra

Anonymous said...

you said/did in this email what you felt needed to be done.
I wish for you closure of this matter so you may feel at ease and feel peace again.
Take care,
Gem

Anonymous said...

A similar situation happened to me once; and I was so upset b/c I never had the closure I needed to move on.  He got his closure and had moved on long  before I even knew what had happened.
better days are coming!!
love you Mike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maria

Anonymous said...

I hope that made you feel better.. i think she is just afriad of commitment and confrontation...
Lyn

Anonymous said...

I hope so, also.  Did she call you Michael?  Do you like being referred to that way sometimes?  I notice you didn't wish her a "fare thee well" with it, but, hey, neither had she.  I'm still sorry it happened like this.  Closure and your say is good.

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Mike!  Actually, I think you were very classy and gentlemanly in your response to her!   It's important to say what we feel and not push it down inside!

Hugs
jackie

Anonymous said...

you and L are done? I'm so sorry. Since I was sick I'm so far behind in things.