Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Bus Stop

It's been a long time since I have had to ride the bus.  However I had to navigates the city's system today.  I have to admit they have come along way in the 25 years since I have had to ride one.  Clear instructions, decent price, nice buses now with bike racks, and a good money acceptor.  However bus drivers are still the same.  It was like a comedy show.  An older couple were making there way as fast as they could to the bus.  They waved as the bus pulled away going in there direction.  The bus actually stopped to let them cross the street then just took off with them standing there.  I was laughing and shaking my head at the same time as we all watched the bus just drive off.  No real characters today which surprised me.  Actually while we were waiting for the bus this guy with a roller suit case which seems to be the item to have if you ride the bus now a days.  I felt left out since I didn't have one.  Anyway I'm watching him at the stop.  He has his discman going and headphones on plus mini speakers next to the disc man.  This guy was set.  I'll bet he had a mini bar in that case.  The biggest thing that I noticed was that 90% of people who take the bus smoke.  I nearly died waiting for the bus to come.  My throat is still on fire.

Anyway business wise it was a better day than it started out to be.  My monthly newsletter reactivated a old patient.  I solicited about 200 people today online who wanted to network.  I found one lady that wanted to come in.  A bunch signed up for my health newsletters that go out.  So they are potentials for the future.  Didn't cost anything except my time so it was very worth it. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

great job on  getting customers. I haven't ridden in a bus in a long time too. Sounds like fun.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mike!  Just stopping by to tell you HI!  And to show you a bit of love, because its been for-EVER since I've visited you last!  And I have to say, I'm missed ya friend!  I'm not so sure WHY you are using public transportation, and I'm sure if I read some of you last few post, I will find out on my own, but I'm just wondering how in the heck did THAT happen!  I have to say I've NEVER been on a public bus, except when I was working for Head Start & we had a city bus come to our building & they took the lil' pre-schoolers a ride around the block.  Thats it!  I hope you had as good of an experience as this post hints at!  You are a very cool dude!
Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

I could not tell you the last time I rode on a bus, actually come to think of it, I never did until Disney, LOL, but that is a different kind of bus right? I don't have a car, Joe has it all day long so i am stuck with nowhere to go because I have no car, it sucks so I feel ya.

Love,
Theresa

Anonymous said...

We have  the MARTA system here.  I live far enough out in the burbs that I've hardly used mass transit.  I am a non-smoker and SOOO don't miss all the second hand smoke.  So glad you had so many contacts. ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies