Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Talking on the Phone with my Son

Had a really great talk with my son tonight.  We talked about 18 minutes which is a lot for us.  He asked me to be in his club which is called the Friends Club.  I thanked him for inviting me in. No rules we just are.  LOL.  We got to talk about the sports he is playing and what he can and can't do.  Only my son would get me talking about sports.  39 years on this planet and I haven't talked sports now I am.  Surprised I know so much.  I guess it was good to listen all these years.  So we set up to practice his soccer and basketball skills when we get together.  Also I will try to get tickets to one of the professional soccer games here.

Still don't like it when my ex has him end the phone call.  Not quite sure how to handle this yet besides "BACK THE F**K OFF!"  The other thing I need to again deal with her is that since she will not talk to me that going through our son is inappropriate.  Tonight's question was that Eric wants to be baptized.  I really don't care.  Like I asked him, "do you want to do it?"  He said yes and I was whatever makes you happy go for it.  However in life and our agreement the parents are suppose to discuss this.  I probably have to make a grievance list and just take her to court again if this stuff doesn't change. 

The only bad news I got tonight was that we are having another Hoochie Momma party on June 30th the day after I was going to pick up Eric.  I can bring him to work, but this is not a good night for him.  So I will have to push back my picking him up 2 days and I will be tired to do the 14 hour drive. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I would not settle for that...I'd have her butt in court if you have joint custody...decision making vs physical custody.

Anonymous said...

maybe she's afraid to talk to you? or afraid to hear it right from you? it's possible..but only you knows her well. Your son is the most important so build your relationship with him. He'll see and understand more when he grows up. Looks like you're on the right track with him.
take care,
Gem :-)

Anonymous said...

well as far as the ex goes you need to be able to talk to her about your son. Maybe you might have to take her to court.  I know but who wants to go back there.  Happy you had a nice conversation with your son.

Anonymous said...

Maybe give the ex a time frame, and she is to butt the hell out during this time.  That way you and your son can end the conversation.  Okay...what is a Hoochie Momma party..please do not let my imagination figure this one...lmao.  
Dwana