Monday, May 29, 2006

Happy Monday Everyone

Hey thank you Coinstar.  I hate long weekends when I am waiting for checks to clear.  So I grabbed my change jar and headed down to Food Lion.  So I treated myself with the money for the holiday.  A Chinese lunch and now a pint of ice cream.  Never done that before, the ice cream that is.  Since I have a small freezer I can' save it so I have to eat it all.  Since I am so hot today I figured what the hey. 

Well I got most of my storage unit stuff straightened out.  I cleaned it up and tossed a few thinks out.  But looking for stuff.  When I finally make it to the back of the unit and look at the wall of boxes I usually say forget it.  So at least it is organized again and I can put more stuff in if need be.

Looked around for furniture for my Mom today.  I don't know furniture prices so I asked a friend what he thought.  He told me I was going for too good stuff.  He was correct my Mom needed good stuff, but I could find cheaper.  So I will look later on or during the week.  I'm glad to be taken this route since the moving route was REALLY stressing me.

My black & white thinking continues.  Since I am not asking out anyone for the next month I am not talking to anyone.  I was in the bookstore today and the librarian from the local library was there looking at some of the manga books like myself.  I don't know if she recognized me. but I did her.  So my b & w thinking kicks in and I am not saying anything since I am not looking to date.  I hate when I do that.  So some work needs to be done in this area.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy that your not stressing about your mom's stuff anymore. To bad you had to eat all the ice cream. lol.  Hope you enjoyed it all.

Anonymous said...

What flavor ice cream?
Take care,
lj

Anonymous said...

A Chinese lunch and a pint of ice cream?? That would go right to my ass LOL
~ Jenny

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike !!!!!!!

How was your Memorial Holiday ? Mine was good. The weather here in Georgia is still sweltering. If you don't mind I would like to share something with you. Recently I turned 30 years old and I still find it hard to walk up to a guy that I would perhaps see in a store or something and start a conversation. I always think of all the ways he will say that he's either not interested or say that he already has someone. I am still very much single myself but unlike you I have never been married or had a boyfriend so we are kind of in the same boat. I would like to start dating but I never take the chance and make the first move when it comes to making conversation or just walking up to a guy and saying hello.

Anyway......I wanted to tell you that I appreciate your journal and that you share your life with us. Take care and have a good week.

Anonymous said...

    Hey, Mike ..... Hope your long weekend was a good one.  Sounds like it was productive.  Chinese food and ice cream?  Mmmmm.....  
    I'm glad that you are doing what you need to do to reduce the stress of this move.  Anything that will take the pressure off is a good idea.  I mean, there are some things you can't change or control, so you might as well try to eliminate the things that you can.  I am hoping all goes well.   Take care, Tina
   

Anonymous said...

Hi, Mike.   I'm a friend of Sharon's and saw the link to your journal.   I let my daughter pick out ice cream for us this weekend, too!   I think it was a good weekend for it.
Talking w/ people in the "datable" category will get easier with time.   Try not to think of it as a pre-dating conversation, but as a friend, or someone you know, etc.   It could even just be a nod and a smile, just to indicate that you do recognize the woman.   There is grey between the black and white, and that's okay:)   Don't stress over it, though.   You'll be alright.  -- Robin

Anonymous said...

wow, that IS black and white thinking...not saying hello because you don`t want to date! lol
Penny

Anonymous said...

The coinstar machine freaks me out...lol it really does.  I make my kids do it for me.  Nothing wrong with treating ones self..just check out my shoes..I really should be ashamed...but I'm not.  I wish I could think black and white sometimes...my thinking is like a big messy rainbow..not a good thing.  Take care,
Dwana