Monday, May 1, 2006

Self Esteem Soars

I was to I was better than a piece of string.  Let me tell you my self esteem soared like an ostrich.  LOL.  I was holding a door open for an older lady and she was like they had a piece of string to hold the door open, but you're better than a piece of string. 

So tomorrow is yoga class again and my gut says to leave the ball in Tara's court.  I had pretty much written her off before the email Friday.  I emailed her back Saturday saying I enjoyed the class and a few other odds and ends.  Also that I would see her tomorrow.  If something happens great.  If not great also. 

Still nothing on my Mom.  My brother is still trying to talk to the hospital doctor to see what is going on and if any scans have been done.  The nurses say this has nothing to do with an dementia or anything.  So it is the waiting game.  The good thing is that I already have power of attorney so we are still able to keep going with trying to get her some kind of living situation.  Although with this new turn of events it may not be assisted living anymore.  So we are waiting to see what the hell is going on and what the projections are before we can go ahead with anything.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you find someplace for your mom. I'm sorry about the recent turn of events. Now I would just go to yogo and be nice to Tara but yep I would leave the rest up to her.

Anonymous said...

I really hope your mom is ok and that Tara chick doesn't deserve your attention.  She spells her name wrong anyway, lol!!!

You're a good dude Mike and you deserve someone really special.

Terra (the right way to spell it!!)

Anonymous said...

It`s nice knowing you`re better than a piece of string. I kinda figured you were! lol
~Penny

Anonymous said...

    Mike, I'd say to follow your instincts, as far as Tara is concerned. I'd hang back and see what happens.  
    It sounds like you are in the same position with your mother right now, as I am with my aunt.  She had no children, so my sisters and I are going through this same thing, trying to determine what living situation would be best for her now.  Stressful, isn't it ?   Good luck to you.   xx Tina

Anonymous said...

You're doing fine, Mike, both with Tara and your mom. From most of us here, your self-esteem should rightfully soar to Planet Pluto by now. ---angel