Thursday, May 4, 2006

Wednesday

Well they moved my Mom over to rehab today.  She will be there for about 20 days to recover from the strokes.  Then we will see whether she needs assisted living or a nursing home.  We will move her up by me since the homes in this area are more affordable than up in NJ.  Also I have done many lectures in these facilities and the employees are nicer than up north. 

I read an article in one of local papers about using Myspace for business.  So I spent time yesterday doing that.  Since it is free and it does get the word out to a lot of people in the area.  So far I have one lady that wants to come in.  So we will see how it goes.

I forgot to tell you everything that happened when I went for my eye exam the other day.  Well for one thing my eyes have gotten better which was cool.  The funny thing is they made me do a color blindness test.  I told the lady I'm color blind.  She said we'll do it anyway.  I was like sure.  I think I saw 3-4 out of the 10.  The rest I was like phhttt, I don't see anything.  I should have made stuff up like I see Elvis or something else, but the lady was laughing pretty hard already.  Anyway I am going to try the transitional eye glasses that darken in the sun. Since the lady said that the technology had come a lot in the last 15 years.  So I will see.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll keep your mom in my prayers. Glad your eyes are better and LOL on the Elvis crack Big Hug, Marina

Anonymous said...

Happy that they put your mom in rehab. I hope she gets better soon. Not a bad thing when your eye's get better since your getting older. LOL I didn't say that.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your mom.  
Loved the Elvis comment!  You should have had some fun with her on that.
What colors can you see?  Is there any kind of surgery they can do to restore
that color vision thing?  Just wondered..now that they perform eye surgery all the time for vision correction.  I used to have those glasses that change when you go outside.  Photogray or something they called them.  Back in 7th grade...LOL
Many, Many moons ago!  My 25th Class Reunion is coming up this summer/fall.
That is odd that your vision improved.  Are you near or far-sighted?  I am nearsighted but now have gotten the "old eyes syndrome"...so now I can't read up close either!  Sucks getting old, doesn't it?!  
Cathie

Anonymous said...

I know it is a heavy thing to carry, but I'm glad your mom will be closer.  Ok...so if I changed my font colour to say...blue...you couldn't see what was said...hehe...couldjya? ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies