Friday, May 19, 2006

Very Touched

Finishing up for the day.  My last patients are and elderly couple one with MS and the other with Parkinsons.  She has full coverage and he doesn't.  He stopped coming to see me because I know they have no money.  I told them I would treat them for whatever their coverage paid.  It's $5 loss for me.  No big deal.  I'm not going to let this guy suffer for $5.  Anyway today their playing the big mega millions lottery.  So they were like Mike if we win don't worry we'll thank yo uin a big way.  It was sweet and I was touched.  This is what I love.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now if it was only a cute young thing making the offer huh! Like the movie "It Could Happen to You"! :-) You have a great heart....oops gotta go get my Mega Millions ticket! HA!

Anonymous said...

hopefully they will win.  

Anonymous said...

How special are you for taking care of that man? I am so damn impressed.  It's getting so they almost won't let you in the door if you don't have full coverage or worse...none.  There is a special place in Heaven for people like you.  I hope you never lose that compassion.
Barb

Anonymous said...

((((M))))  You're a good man, hon. ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies