Sunday, May 14, 2006

Sunday Night

Boy am I tired tonight.  Mother's Day is one of the two Sundays I work a year at valet.  It was a busy day and I am drained from it and the week past.  We also got rained on which I really hate, but it has been a long time since that happened so not too much to complain about. 

Trying to get my ex to agree this year to transport our son by airline this year.  For me to drive up to NY and back then bring him back home and back to VA is about $400 now a days with gas and tolls which there are a lot of.  I could do the whole airline thing for under $200.  Plus it is only an hour fight than the 7-8 hours he will have to sit in the car each way.  Never mind my 14 hour marathon driving days.  I have no leverage on this.  In reality it's better for everyone.  Shorter times and suffering in the car.  Having to do this whole travel thing once for 2 weeks in July then again in August is really going to be costly.  Hopefully she will not look at it like it's easier for me or the pain she will go through putting him on the plane.  So we will see.

My Mom's rehab place is saying she can do assisted living, but having talked to her.  Her short term memory dementia seems to be securely in place.  So I don't know. 

Oh well let me go put all my laundry away and I think I will watch T2 tonight. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike, yeah...that is a LOT of driving. Do you think your son would be scared on the plane?
Penny
http://journals.aol.com/pennietoonz/PennysPlace

Anonymous said...

that is a lot of driving, hopefully she will agree to the plane.  I have so much laundry to fold, but at least it's clean.

Anonymous said...

Is the "one hour fight" a freudian slip,  Mike? Things might look more manageable after a good night's rest. Don't let the bed bugs bite! :)  ---angel