Wednesday, May 3, 2006

Finally

Well finally got the results on my Mom and it was no surprise to hear that she had two strokes.  From what I hear she is walking again, but I hear that her speech is slurred.  So we are trying to see what she is capable of.  We want her to get rehab, but the doctor wants her to go to a nursing home.  So we have the social worker working on it to see what we can do, what is covered, and what options are available.

Other than that it has been a slow day so I got some laundry done and have been building a business profile for myspace.  Got a few people to sign up already for the health information.  Gets the name out.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope whatever your mom needs that it'll work out soon. Not sure what to say, but my thoughts are with 'ya Mike..take care,
Gem~

Anonymous said...

I must say your handling this situation with your mom better than I would. I would be an emotional mess. I hope now that they know what is going on, something can be done and get her well.
~ Jenny

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your mom. some nursing homes have physical therapy people on staff to work with the patients.

Tracie

Anonymous said...

I am sorry about your mom Mike, really I hope she gets better.

Terra

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. My grandma many years ago had several mini strokes. They didn't know that for many years though.

Anonymous said...

I knew it!  Why aren't the docs being more agressive?  Passive therapy?  WTH? ;)  C.  http;//journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies