Friday, May 19, 2006

Some Good News

Well I got the report from my bro about our Mom from the therapist.  They say that she is doing great and that assisted living is the place for her.  So we will move her soon. When that is I don't know, but happy to know that she is doing better.  Nervous about having her up here.  I know it will be an extra job for me which I really don't need.

In that no man's land with the business.  Busier, but waiting for the money to come in.  So I am thinking of the future.  What to do with the second room?  I would like to make it a treatment exercise room for my subacute patients and keep the room I have now for my acute patients.  I would be very happy to see 5 patients a day.  10 would be nice, but then I need to start hiring staff.  Troubles usually come with that so I don't know.  More than 10 and I will lose what I like having with my patients and that's quality.  I never want to give that up again for quantity.  How I treat my patients now gives me immense happiness and I know how the other side of the coin is.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear about your mom
hugs, Marina

Anonymous said...

    Hey, Mike ..... I am anxious to know how this all goes with your Mother.  I am going through the very same process with my aunt right now, and she is fighting it.  But I know she will be so much better off in an assisted living situation.  Any hints you have are more than welcome !
    I sure like your business ethic .... You sound like your job is more than just a job to you, and how lucky for your patients to know this.   Tina
   

Anonymous said...

I think it's geat the way you treat your patients. Happy your mom is doing good and assisted living will be good for her.

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain on staffing issues. ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies