Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Work ... Work ... Work ...

I'm pushing myself too hard with work and I can feel it.  I need to make sure I keep my boundaries up with it.  When the day is over let it be over.  If not I'm going to let it bleed over too much into my personal life.  I can feel it now with my mind constantly thinking about some aspect of the office.  I spent a couple hours tonight doing extra stuff I should have done tomorrow during my down time.  So I am feeling run down.  Happy to say the hard work is paying off, but I don't want to start a bad habit with this.

I tell you I have been doing this job for a while now when I can sense stuff is going to happen.  Like today I am treating a woman in a gown.  She is going to turn over and instinctively I turned to look at something on my therapy stand.  Soon as I turned around I hear "oops"  and I know that some of her gown is opened up to expose herself.  I gave her a few moments to fix herself before turning around.  Personal opinion is that women don't do anything by accident.  No offense ladies.  So if there is another "incident" I will need to talk to her.  This kind of stuff happens every once in a while.  Someones got a fishing hook out there seeing what they can snag.  It's a rare person that is persistent and I have to bring the boom down on them.

Well off to relax with "My Big Fat Greek Wedding".

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, there's a new approach to snagging a man, remind me NEVER to try it!

Anonymous said...

well go get some rest and enjoy the movie. I'm happy business is picking up.

Anonymous said...

How TACKY that woman is if she is purposely exposing herself!!
Penny
http://journals.aol.com/pennietoonz/PennysPlace

Anonymous said...

Hi Mark. Well I will certainly want to know how the movie " My Big Fat Greek Wedding " went I haven't seen it yet please come back and tell us some things about the movie so it will let me know if I like it or not. I hope you enjoy the movie. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Mikey My Boy!  You need to slow down that mind of yours & have some "Mike" time when you can!  I hope you are having a good time with everything that is going on in your life!  I've missed ya, buddy boy!  Sorry I haven't been visiting you lately!  I'll try to come back more often!
Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

I hear these stories from my niece, who is a massage therapist.  I think there are some people out there who are so desparate for attention that they will do just about anything to get it.  But, the thing is, it puts you in a really awkward position.  I'm sure you are at a point, experience-wise, where you know just how to handle the situation, but it still has to be uncomfortable for you.  Tina   p.s.   I'm so glad to be back here and reading your entries again.  I guess the physical therapy is working on my back ... I can actually sit in my chair again !  

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that I am reading every entry and really enjoy the funnies you send out everyday! Thanks for the smiles.
Shadie

Anonymous said...

lmao...bringing the boom down!  I am a super freak at the doctors. Terrified completely...how can anyone think of anything else...lol Opps look my top flew off...lmao...hopefully she was cute...lol instead of 80 with boobs below the end of her gown..lol sorry.  Try to keep time for yourself....I find that people that never make time for themselves get really anal.  That is exactly why my hubby keeps me around...I am his entertainment, and I make him stop when I think he is pushing himself to hard...so you must listen to me....your getting very happy.....your eyes are twinkling with fun..........so GO HAVE FUN!  lol  I had to do an intervention....sorry, but you needed it.  Take care, and watch out for granny boobs.
Dwana

Anonymous said...

Oh no...not the "oopsie" syndrom.  I'm sure you were professional and tactful.  HOWEVER...Sir...not all women are put together that way (your personal opinion)...geeez. ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies