Thursday, May 25, 2006

Thursday

I enjoyed watching Reservoir Dogs last night.  The first time I saw it years ago I didn't.  One of my ex's friend lent us the tape.  He had said it was a great movie and that the Stuck in the Middle scene was hilarious.  I remember watching with my mouth open looking for what was funny.  My conclusion was that she was nuts.  So much that when she stayed with us for a few days I looked the bedroom door.  I was waiting for a knife to be plunged into me in my sleep. 

Well I was given the paperwork to fill out for my Mom to move into assisted living today.  The freaking thing is a book.  The next problem that came up is getting my Mom's stuff up there before she does since the room is empty.  Oye.  Still no word on when the move is so that I can get movers to move the stuff.

I finally got the word from my ex on whether or not our son can fly.  She still said no.  She said his therapist also said the same thing.  I will ask for a written document from the therapist to confirm this.  Since she has lied big time in court I have no reason to believe her now.  I will plan to drive up and pick him up anyway, but the paperwork will dictate how I handle this in the future.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you mean "Stuff in the middle"? If so nice freudian slip. Assisted living may be a good idea if she needs 24 hr care & you can't do that with your life.  I agree get a letter from the therapist & THEN also tell her you want your son to see another therapist for a 2nd opinion. You will pay & choose. NO, this can just be a "calling her bluff" thing that you don't have to go through. That will tell you alot by her response. Check out this "therapist" she has. Look at his credentials, see if he/she has any lawsuits against him/her etc. If anything for the sake of your son but also then she can't keep using this therapist as ammo if he/she is not a good one anyway!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about you having to go drive to pick up your son. I never saw the movie and happy you liked it the 2nd time around.

Anonymous said...

So sorry for your ex woes.  My sister lives the same struggle. ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're still going to be sure to see your son, not keep this argument bit keep him away, but yeah, he'll get older, and you can prepare for how to handle things for next time / the future.   I don't know how old he is and how far the flight, but maybe you could even offer to have someone fly with him or, well, this time you're driving.  One step at a time I suppose.   It is a hassle, I'm sure, and yes, believe those gut feelings.   Sometimes when they're really nice on the surface, something is UP.   (I'm a single mom myself.)  
I should get my dad into assisted living of some type, most likely, oy.   I don't know how you are handling doing that while going through all of this visitation and custody stuff.   It can all be very draining, so kudos and strength to you!