Friday, March 16, 2007

4th Date Update

L looked lovely in her dress last night.  I have to hand it to her she knows what outfits really look stunning on her.  We got to Bubba's as the sun was just going down, but the clouds had already rode in.  We needed our jackets to sit outside, but it was still very peaceful.  I felt like a teenager the whole night and our waitress one of our parents.  Every time L and I was kissing the waitress would show up with something or a question.  Halfway through the evening I was jumping when I heard something behind me.  I had to work at savoring the moment when I caught myself wanting to talk about Saturday in the first hour.  An old problem which I was happy I caught before I opened my mouth.  Once I worked it I was able to slow down and enjoy.  Although L told me later I still talk very fast at times.  I told her it usually happens when I am nervous or excited.  She asked which I was and I told her I was excited. 

We did get to talk about ourselves.  I asked her about her obligation thing and she said she is not use to anyone doing nice things for her.  Then we talked about me asking if things are okay.  I'm just use to most everything I say being turned against me by my ex and it is taking a while to unlearn.  So some healing for both of us.

I did get to brush out her big mane of hair last night which I really enjoyed.  L said I really knew what I was doing before she fell asleep.  LOL.  The really nice thing is that she doesn't move much while she sleeps like myself so it is nice to cuddle together.  The bad thing is boy does she get up early.  I am not use to seeing 5:30, but I said my goodbyes and headed on home for a few more hours sleep.  So we made plans to get together Saturday and see a play and dinner.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.   Very few guys get to ever brush out my hair.  -- Robin

Anonymous said...

Sound like you had a great evening..Yes old habits are hard to break with x's...your x's was abusive and it takes time to get comfortable.
I think your a nice looking man...
Donna In TEXAS

Anonymous said...

Mike... you just don't know how happy I am for you.  When I read your entries, I can just feel the passion and love springing out from the pages.  I know it sounds corny.. but you being happy makes my heart ache.. in a good way..

Love and hugs
jackie