Saturday, March 3, 2007

The Next Step

THE EVOLVING RELATIONSHIP

The most important move is to begin.


We begin weaving by stringing vertical threads on a loom to form the foundation of a new cloth. Then horizontal threads are interlaced back and forth, and we create a fabric. As the cloth begins to form, new possibilities open before us. After we weave in the first color we can then envision other colors that will work with it. The most important move is to begin.

Sometimes new possibilities occur to us only through action. If we take the risk of the first step and keep our eyes open, we will see the next step. Too much planning, too much carefulness and analysis, may block all action.

 

This was my daily meditation I got this morning. I thought it pretty funny since I am told that I over think things too much.

Anyway after much thought I think I am going to end it with April.  The spark started Wednesday when we went out.  The questions from everyone fanned the flames, but what really did it was talking to my landlord.  We weren't talking about this, but about a old tenant he still helps out.  He was relating how she grew up in poverty and the guy she was with had some wealth.  Now that she is back on her own she is back in squalor.  He had hoped she would have learned to want more.  That was it.  I'm so use to living and thriving on little emotional sustenance that I too fall back on old habits.  April has many good qualities I've never had in a relationship before, but there are many things I want that are lacking.  PDA's being one of them.  I still feel no more intimate with her that I did after our first date.  And I realize while I don't need chemistry to drive a relationship I do need a certain level that is not here.  Boy it's been a LONG time since I've had to break up with someone.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you sure you don't want to keep dating...maybe not exclusively...to see what might happen? You have only had 4 dates or so...not really enough to even be considered a couple. I am all for PDA....but it is a bit early for that....just my 2 cents...

Tracie

Anonymous said...

are you sure your relationship qualifies for a break up? I think you might get a little shock if you use those terms...why not just not make any more plans with  her and if she then persues you you can "break up'"with her... just trying to spare everyones feelings here...
wow on the meditation today huh?
lyn

Anonymous said...

Ohhh.....sorry to read that Mike. I had hoped she would be someone you could really like being with. Good luck with the 'break up' moment, I have no advice on that front. Take care,
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Chemistry is important, Mike..   It's not everything.. of course not.. but you do need to feel that "spark."  It's like it needs to be "well rounded", if you know what I mean?  Sometimes a person makes a better friend than a romantic partner.  That may be the case with April.  I'm so sorry it didn't work out, but at least you have the good sense to end it sooner, than later.  

Good things come to those who wait.  Remember that.  It will happen!

Hugs
jackie

Anonymous said...

Whoa! Breaking up already? I am rooting for April because it seems like she is teaching you a lot of healthy relationship tricks. Have you talked about your mutual needs and expectations? Could a compromise be reached by communication? Whatever you feel is right, is usually is the best for you. I am just heartbroken about this. LOL.

Anonymous said...

Mike: I am sorry about all this; I was hoping things would go well for you with this relationship.  You never know what the future holds though; maybe it is just bad timing.
Maria

Anonymous said...

I think chemistry is very important and if you don't have it yet, it's not going to happen. So, keep on looking.