Sunday, March 18, 2007

Date 5 Review

Yowzers it's cold.  It was so nice and warm and now it's 29 degrees.  When I left L's this morning my car was covered in frost.  We had a great time yesterday.  I picked her up at her place and actually it was a night of me showing her places she has never been.  So we went to this restaurant called Fellini's. It was packed so we sat at the bar which works out very well for us.  The food was awesome except for the scallops which were dry.  We got a bystander to take our picture so I will put it up later when I am at work. 

Then we were off to the theater.  It was a little weird walking into a place with L that April and her friends work/act.  April I knew wasn't there, but some of her colleagues were.  The play was very good and we had a fun time.

The drive back was quiet and nice.  It was a workout for me since I am use to that quiet time being a bad sign.  However I knew everything was okay between L and me so I just had to enjoy it.  We did talk about it later and like I though she was just enjoying the time together.  We still seem to amaze each other.  My words and actions seem to have a sutle affect on L.  I think they are a round peg in her square hole of things she is use to.  I can see she is not use to many of the niceties which is a shame since she is a great woman.  On my side it is that she accepts me for who I am.  I had forgotten my razor at home so I showed up with a little stubble on my face last night.  She ran her hand across my face and said it was no problem at all.  It was something little, but it meant a lot to me.

I know love is an action not a feeling.  So I am happy not to have reacted with my string waves of feelings for L.  I do however say how much I love things about her.  I can tell she will not say the 3 magic words until I do.  I can't believe it's only been 2 weeks since it feels longer in a great way.  With that knowledge I can't utter them.  I know it needs to be longer even though they strain to be said when we are together.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was dating my husband for a week when he said those three words....and we've been together almost 23 years. Sometimes it is weird; love just comes at you from out of nowhere when you least expect it. I am so happy for you!!!!!  It sounds to me like you and L are meant to be....I love a happy ending!!!
=)
Maria

Anonymous said...

"When I left L's this morning my car was covered in frost."
Judging by that statement, hmmmmmm...   Yeah, I would say you and L are getting along just great. LOL.
Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, the little things:)   Acceptance.  Being treated well.   Enjying quiet, too.   So, you love everything about her so far.   That's fair:)  -- Robin