Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Fencing and Dial up

I really need to start taking pictures of people's faces when I tell them I still have dial up service.  I probably get less of look if I said I slept with my sister (if I had one). 

Anyway tonight was good.  My friend Gina and myself had dinner at the Silver Diner then we car pooled over to fencing class.  I drove since Gina said she was directionless.  I didn't know what to expect, but it was a lot of fun.  Having done Filipino stick fighting, kung fu, and being in shape helped.  At the end of class I really considered continuing with the class since it $25/ month.  However their are so many rules.  Come on it's a fight heaven's sake.  The second is that while it is a healthy activity it is more of a solitary one which I know I am drawn to more than group ones.  That was one reason I was going to keep up with the salsa.

What is funny out of my MEETin friends is that most of them are single.  Gina is the rare married one.  So there are always getting together because of that.  I don't think a lot of them date.  Since Dan asked me if I was going to the Funny Bone tomorrow and he had this look of total incomprehension for a few seconds before he said, "oh one of those." I have to admit is was pretty funny.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have dial up.   Too daggone expensive to consider otherwise for now.  

Anonymous said...

I am still in the dark ages too Mike ,with dial up!
Sharon

Anonymous said...

..I'm still using dial up here...don't mind it at all most of the time. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Anonymous said...

I still have dial up too and usually don't have any problem with it. I almost killed a guy at work ( he works in our info systems dept) when I told him we were still on dial up; he almost fell over he couldn't believe it.
Maria

Anonymous said...

Jackie <~~ no dial up for me!  I can't believe all those people below still have it! lol  

I didn't get that joke at the end..  :/  <scratching head and looking stupid>

;p

Jackie