Sunday, March 4, 2007

When One Door Closes Another Opens

Well April didn’t call me back and I know she is on her way to Baltimore now.  I think she may have beaten me to the shoe dropping.  I’ll be seeing her week at our monthly comedy improve event.  What was interesting was to see her and her troupe in the paper this morning.  I know they had an interview for doing performances down at oceanfront this summer. 

 

So anyway I asked someone out last night and we had brunch this morning.  L was a little leery about meeting today since we just met last night, but she thought I was a nice guy and pushed her normal rules aside.  It was a great time.  It was nice to enjoy some classic rock while we ate.  More spark than I had with April which I noticed right away.  I have to admit L is a Zen master.  During the few lulls we had in conversation she was totally relaxed and just digging the music while I was trying not to panic.  Dropping back into that relaxed state is something I am much better with, but still needs more work.  L enjoys life very much, which is what attracted me to her in the first place.  While I work the gratitude she embraces it and that is something I want to learn.  I have to admit L is the first woman that I can remember going out with ever that didn’t seduce me with her smile.  She has a nice smile, but it is not the usual light up the day smile that I’m use to. 

 

We had a fun time during brunch and L suggested a walk on the beach afterwards since we were right there.  It was windy and cold, what a difference from yesterday, but we did probably two miles down and back.

 

We plan to get together during the week and just need to see what is available.  L said since I paid for this date she would pay for the next.  Before I forget let me say the nuts in bolts of it all before my inbox is flooded with questions.  L is 43, originally from Spain, divorced, special ed teacher, and artistic. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha, cuz, of course, we WANT TO KNOW ALL!   (Well, the good stuff.)   I do hope that April finds someone she's a better match with, and glad you had those times with her.   Even if it's also healthy to know when to move on.   Zen master-L, eh.   Hmmm.   Awaiting the updates.....   -- Robin

Anonymous said...

Mike~ Sounds like the date went well....I'd give anything to walk on the beach, wind, rain or cold. When you live in Arizona, you can only dream of moments like that! BTW, I am back to writing on my AOL journal. Stop by & read it when you have time (in between your dates!) Diana~  

Anonymous said...

ok...well at least I finally know who L is. Sounds like you had a great time together.
Now remember: ONE DAY AT A TIME !!
AND MOST IMPORTANTLY............................
NO OVER THINKING!!!
=)
Maria

Anonymous said...

Do we have to call her L?  lol   Jus kidding..  

Well.. it will be interesting to see what happens between the two of you! ;)

jackie