Tuesday, March 6, 2007

A Dying Breed

Talking to one of the other guys in my yoga class this morning.  He happened to be another Mike.  We laughed, but agreed we are a dying breed.  When I was young it was commonplace to have 4 other Mike's in class with me.  Now a days it hardly ever happens.  I don't think Mike has been in the top 10 in years.  We had a run for about 25 years being the number 1 name then in the 80's it started slipping.  It's weird to be in a room now a days and have several Norms and Dons, but no other Mikes.  I have to admit I like it.  That uniqueness that was never there as child has finally arrived.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, so how many Mike's do I know, and know of, including your own brother?! ;)   Anyway, there wre FIVE Robin's in my gym class one year.   I've never even liked the name, but it is less common now.  -- Robin

Anonymous said...

My name was fairly popular when I was young.
My son has the same problem now.....there are tons of Tylers in his school....

Tracie

Anonymous said...

your right, not as many Mike's anymore as there used to be.