Sunday, March 18, 2007

Digging

One thing that I have realized with L is that anything I have to deal with is something I brought through the door myself.  Today I couldn't believe comparing this relationship with my ex's how much CRAP I put up with.  In a way I am grateful for all of it since it helped make me the person I am today, but jeez. 

The other thing I have realized that I am finding those pieces of me that I lost years ago and it's nice to have them back.  I feel more complete.  However with it comes many other buried things.  While I slept well last night with L my dreams were full of dealing with past issues with people.  My Dad, MIL, etc.  Jeez when did this line form?  The stuff is got to be dealt with someplace so I guess my subconscious is the place. 

So L and myself are getting together Thursday for dinner at a place called Zia Maria's.  She described a few dishes I can't wait to try.  OMG me who is so blashe' about food is looking forward to eating.  Last night we finalized our little agreement that one pays one night and the other pays the next.  L was making sure it was fair to me.  I was like SURE since I'm use to paying it all.  Anything less is a bonus, but it tells me a lot about her in that she is not looking for someone to take care of her which I love.  She can stand on her own two feet and that is someone I want to be with.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,  I followed a couple of links and ended up here.  Just reading the ex part ... well, I've been there and today I was dealing with a few ex issues.  ::sigh::  However, I can guarantee you life is so much better away from those who manipulate.  Hopefully you won't mind if I poke by again and say hello.  (BTW, I have two son's in VA near VA Beach)

Monica

Anonymous said...

Good luck babe!!

Terra

Anonymous said...

she sounds great and she looks very pretty in her picture. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Off come the layers in the onion:)   glad it's not just surface deep, Mike.   And, glad she's not like your ex!  -- Robin

Anonymous said...

The restaurant is going to be awesome.....I can just tell!!! Zia MARIA'S!!!
Enjoy! & have fun.
Maria