Sunday, March 11, 2007

April

Tonight was my monthly comedy improv event with my friends.  I was happy to have a few more people show up.  I knew April would be there since she MC's the show.  I saw her walk in with a couple of guys and sit in the front row.  We were back a couple of rows and I caught in the the corner of my eye her looking up once.  She didn't MC since I heard that she had an auto accident. 

I figured I could see how she was at the intermission, but there wasn't any this time.  After the show she went in the back with the guy or guys she was with.  All this didn't bother me.  Anyway on the way home she left a message on my phone saying that she was in the accident, hoped I was doing well, and I think call whenever.  Last week I was ready to deal with this.  This week I really don't want to.  So I need to listen to her message again since it was muffled a little.  I guess I call her tomorrow and leave her a message that there wasn't enough spark for me.

Any suggestions?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm... Go with your guts feeling and tell her I said HI. LOL. Kidding aside, I trust that you'll handle the call well.

Anonymous said...

I would call and see how she is and that's it. No spark there. Nothing you can do with that.

Anonymous said...

Just return her call, and do nothing but make small talk.  About her accident.. her trip.. the play.. whatever.  Then when you're ready to hang up, just say, "Well...it was nice talking to you, April.. take care!  Give me a call sometime."  Unless she brings it up and starts rehashing your feelings or lack of them, then I would just let nature take it's course.  If you both end it on a pleasant note, then there should be no doubt that you are both on the same wave length without actually saying it.  Sometimes you don't need the exact words to get the message across.

Let us know how it goes..

Jackie

Anonymous said...

DO call her back.  She's had an accident, and she also wishes to be on decent, speaking terms.   Besides, you calling her back means you're not being a jerk and leaving her to figure things out after having been in an accident.   But, yes, small talk, wish her well, etc., that you enjoyed the time but you didn't feel the spark.   She may even be feeling similar to how you're feeling.  That you hope to run into her at the monthly events or something.   It'll work out:)   Just, well, do call.   -- Robin

Anonymous said...

I would definitely call to see how she is doing. and thats it. I would not mention getting together again or anything. good luck with that!!
Maria
http://journals.aol.com/bobbysgirl8584/ThoseWhoMatterDontMind/