Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Chiropractic

A couple of days ago a friend of mine from chiropractic college contacted me on helping her with her office.  She wanted me to come out there for a day or two to help straighten things up.  She offered to pay.  I told her I could do it from my office.  One thing my career as a chiropractor and the expertise I have gotten has placed a high value on my skills.  Unfortunately in my field no one want to pay for them.  It's easier to get cheap grunts to mangle something together.  Its why I'm down here.  No one wanted to afford me anymore in NY.  Like I was informed everyone wants me just no one wants to pay.  I still toss around doing a consulting business like so many in my profession, but for the way I would want to do it making each office and individual instead of a bunch of clones would open me up to too much liability in this day and age.  I have no want to be battling someone cause they think I wrecked their life.

Anyway I got way off topic here.  My friend re contacted me today with a problem doing a narrative for an insurance company.  She knew I've done thousands of them so she knew I would be able to help her.  I sent over some info and she then sent me back her finished work for a critique.  I ended up doing it over for her, but before I did it I had to look at my motivations for doing so.  It wasn't to help her it was to help me.  I hate these stains on my profession.  I love my friend and she has a great heart, but she like so many of my colleagues think they can fly by the seat of their pants and when it comes time to show what you've done.  What you get is something from elementary school instead of from a doctor and it makes every chiropractor look bad.  God I hate it.  My friend thanked me for the help and she wants to change so we'll see.  I sent her some info with some homework and a message to contact me when she wants to move on.  Hopefully she will.  I've helped a few chiropractors over the years with this.  Hopefully it will all mean something at some point.

No comments: