Sunday, January 8, 2006

But Seriously

"While it's true that many things do require our serious attention, that doesn't mean we have to go about straight-faced and tight lipped in all areas of our lives.  When we are excessively concerned, we limit our ability to have fun, to be relaxed and happy - in short, to enjoy life."

As I talk to my friends around the country with my web cam I am constantly reminded of how I am now and how I was then.  I was a serious stoic guy for most of my life. I was reminded to smile at my wedding.  Life was serious and so was my expressions.  Having loosened up in the last few years with a lot of work to put a smile on my face.  I find it funny and amazing that I hear it is my best feature. Something that for most of my life was never there. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so glad it is here now. have a great night
Missy

Anonymous said...

So glad you found your smile.... so glad you shared it with us.  Tina http://journals.aol.com/onemoretina/Ridealongwithme

Anonymous said...

Your entry reminds me of this song.....


Smile, though your heart is aching.
Smile, even though it's breaking.
Though there are clouds in the sky,
you get by...

If you smile through your fears and sorrows.
Smile and maybe tomorrow
You'll see the sun come shining through.

If you just light up your face with gladness,
Hide every trace of sadness.
Although a tear may be ever, ever so near.

That's the time you must keep on trying.
Smile, what's the use of crying?
You'll find life is worthwhile
If you'll just smile, come on and smile.

If you just smile.


It's amazing the difference a smile can make. So glad your's has returned and without forcing it.
~ Jenny