Thursday, January 19, 2006

Rubber Necking in My Mind

It's like that old Far Side Cartoon.  "Teacher can I leave?  My brain is full now."  My mind has been getting fuller everyday now.  Usually means I am not taking care of some things and I am getting backed up.  I've been selectively taking care of a few business items.  So in my head I can feel the pressure build and when that happens I have a hard time sleeping.  Last night was the worse so today I have been taking care of all the stuff that I have been holding off on. Like the bond issue and my student loans.  A thousand a month for the next thirty years just doesn't excite me to do anything about it.

So I am tackling everything one step at a time instead of a little bit all at once.  Because if I don't it will continue to smash my peace of mind.  Slowly wearing me down to bad places.  So as always I have a choice of pain or relief.  I choose relief.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

    Oh, this sounds way too familiar.  In my case, I am the world's worst procrastinator.  If anything can be put off until tomorrow ... it is.  And then the next day and the next day ... and then I find myself overwhelmed.  So, that was my New Year's resolution.  To play catch up, and stay caught up.  And how am I doing?  Well ....  I'll tell you tomorrow !   Tina http://journals.aol.com/onemoretina/Ridealongwithme

Anonymous said...

When my head gets full, I tend to be like an osterich. I like to hide away in the sand and pretend its not happening. I do that until I am forced to deal with what ever it is. I have been doing the same thing with my Mom's sickness. I know I have to deal with it, I just don't want to. Sigh... It's hard sometimes, life that is.

***Monica