Saturday, January 14, 2006

Not Trusting the Process Part II

Linda had asked me to explain myself better on this entry from a few days ago.  I guess when this topic comes up I think of something I call the abused syndrome.  No matter how bad a situation may be I am used to it.  In a way I am "comfortable" with it.  I know everything that will happen. There are no surprises.  Something new means change and that can be scary.  Even though it can be a good thing it means I must let go of those old things that I am so comfortable with and that can be scary.  A few months ago I went through this.  My Mom decided to give me a car to replace my old Toyota which was 17 years old.  I was nervous.  I knew my car.  I had it for 11 years.  I knew ever inch of it and every problem of it.  It was dying.  Now I had the chance for a newer car and I was not looking forward to it.  Her was something entirely new.  What if it had problems.  I was out of my comfort zone and I didn't like it.  It took a lot of work and really until I had it I couldn't enjoy it. The reasons for that are another story.  Well here I am a few months later with a newer car that I love.  I am glad I have it, but it was hard letting go of the past.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mike...I didn't mean to put you on the spot or anything, I'm so sorry!  You should have just ignored me and gone on!  I didn't mean to bring up any old stuff!  Forgive me?  But I do thank you with all my heart for expaining things.  You are a great friend!  And I promise never to put you on the spot again!
Love, Linda