Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Important?

An incident this morning brought up those old feelings of not feeling important.  This made me spiral down and I knew it was more than the incident that was making me feel this way.  I am grateful for all my friends that I was able to chat with to work through the stuff.  It's an old tape.  When I am shown that I am not important, boy does it kick the sh*t up for me.  I am grateful also that I have the tools to deal with this now instead of the bad ways I used to deal with it in the past.  So it's working it to pull me out of the pit.    I know that no one else controls my importance.  Just me.  If I let someone treat me badly then I have to look at myself.  What someone else does or says does not reflect what kind of person I am.  I am important to myself and that is all that will truly matter in the end.  Another opportunity to improve myself.  Oh joy!  LOL. Glad it was slow at work today. It is days like this that badly affects the office.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm curious what the incident was
I'm glad you worked through it. I have a hard time
with stuff like that too. Have a goodnight
~Marina

Anonymous said...

I hope you're ok.  I am here if you need a friend.

Terra

Anonymous said...

Your insight here is interesting Mike...very interesting.
Journally Yours,
Gem :-)