Saturday, January 14, 2006

Memories

I finished watching my Couples series DVDs tonight.  A series that made me LMAO so much brought me to tears with it's finally 3 minutes.  In the 16 years I knew my ex we had a lot of bad times.  However for all our problems we had one solid good thing.  Our son. That was what the last 3 minutes of the show was all about.  The birth of their son which had some similarities to ours.

You can always tell when something is wrong just by the difference in tone.  I knew something was wrong when my wife called me in the middle of the night from the bathroom.  Her water had broke 5 weeks early of her due date.  As always in the face of stress I am cool and calm.  We made it to the hospital with no difficulties.  There upon examination our son was found to be breached.  Glad we went to all the breathing classes. So a cesarean was scheduled for early the next morning.  I was so glad that we had the man hating nurse on the maternity floor. 

The surgery went well.  I comforted my wife the best I could.  My wife asked if I wanted to take a look behind the curtain.  I think like most men I was okay where I was.  When our son was born he was a little dusky and was raced to ICU with a momentary look for us to see.  He was okay just needed to be observed. 

However there is something that happens when you first look in your child's eyes and see those completely blank slates.  I knew I would never be the same person again.

Me & Eric

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWWWWWWW
Hugs, Marina

Anonymous said...

Very sweet!

Terra

Anonymous said...

You can tell who he belongs to. What a great picture of you both.
~ Jenny