Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Not Looking Foward to It

Been fretting with this for about a week now.  Next week I will tell my landlord I will be moving out at the end of February.  I don't mind the move.  I mind the pain that I am going to go through when I see his pain.  It usually is a household of women there so I know it is nice for him to have a guy there.  I enjoy our talks and I have learned a lot on recycling food.  Have to admit it had been best family home I have had in a long while.  So I will miss that.  However my codependancy is flaring with this upcoming talk.  Reality is that I know we can get together for dinner every once in a while like I do with friends.  I know it is that he is an older guy that doesn't know how to deal with his emotions and I am care taking.  My old nemesis.  So I am just letting it go since I know it is not my place to take care of him.  I know in my life it has always been pain that has made me move onto bigger and better things.  I have no right to prevent anyone else from doing so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Care taking, feeling responsible for others emotions is one of the biggest traps I think we all fall into, I know I've stood in that scenario for longer then I care to admit. I think it's great that your doing what you feel is right for yourself. I don't see that as a selfish move, but a self appreciating and postive move.
Wishing you well,
Rebecca