Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Inner Voices

"Trust your heart ... Never deny it a hearing.  It is the kind of house oracle that often foretells the most important." ~ Baltasar Gracian

Over the years I have learned to pay attention to my inner voice, gut, or whatever you would like.  When I do I am very grateful to have listened.  It always know better that my rationalizing mind.  For most of my life I kept my insides very noisy so as to escape much of the pain of life.  However I have found I can never compartmentalize just one part of my life.  It always spreads and affects all aspects of my life.  In this area if I could not hear my inner voice.  I could not hear me.  How was I to take care of myself if I could not tell when I was tired, sick, or sad.  Pretty much didn't looking back.

Now a days I am usually quiet on the inside.  I can tell when I am sick, tired, or hungry.  I can still rationalize a lot away if I want, but at least it is a choice.  I have the correct information in front of me to decide on.  So when you have a problem get quiet on the inside and listen to what your inner voice says.  It most likely knows better than you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still have a lot of noise inside to solve my own problems
but I'm pretty good with other peoples. Have a good night Mike
~Marina

Anonymous said...

Good advice .... I've been working on this myself.  Tina http://journals.aol.com/onemoretina/Ridealongwithme