Friday, January 27, 2006

COWS

COWS is a nuemonic I learned in school.  It means cold ~ opposite and warm ~ same.  It was to remember which way the room will spin when cold or warm air is pushed into your ear for a neurological test.  I had it done a few years ago when I had some vertigo problems. 

Well at 5:30 am this morning in a freak one in a million chance I was able to recreate the test by rolling over.  So there I am with the feeling that I am spinning at 100 mph half asleep.  I know many techniques to stop it and I was able to get it under control after a what felt like 5 minutes, but probably only a minute.  Yes I love being awake at 5:31 am pulse racing and feeling nauseous.  So I am rough around the edges this morning and for some awful reason our hallway smells of strong cleanser.  My head is pounding from the fumes.  So all in all it is a fun morning.

Have a nice day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I put you on my alerts, but I haven't been getting them. I thought you hadn't been writing. I just happened to stop by to see if you had updated. And you sure have, I think I am about 10 entries behind!!

I gotta read all these that I have missed.

***Monica

ps.

I hate that spinning feeling too.