Monday, January 2, 2006

Perfectionism Part 2

"When God shuts a door, he opens a window." 

~ Anonymous

When a major event occurs in my life,  I sometime have difficulty accepting them.  Even though at some point it may end up improving my lot in life.  Today is one of those days.  Again their is a mistake with my Medicare payment.  Again I need to talk to them and find out what is wrong this time.  This will be my 3-4th call to find out what is wrong.  Each time they say it is this and that's it.  Next time oh their is another mistake.  @#%$#%#!!!!   I need it to pay bills.  So I find myself short rent this month.  I need to ask for help and I hate doing that.  Makes me realize I am not living up to that image in my head (see last entry).  I don't like that, but I am also not perfect nor a failure.  A hard pill to swallow.  So do I borrow some money for 2 weeks or just talk to my landlord.  I hate this crap! Well I'll try to borrow first then if that doesn't work I will talk to my landlord.  The biggest thing is really to be gentle with myself.  I know I can pound myself into the dumps really fast and that doesn't help anything.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are right - DON'T be too hard on yourself.  It is an easy trap to fall into, but sooo hard to dig out of.  Just from reading your journals the last few days, I think you are great!  

Anonymous said...

Don't beat yourself up for this, you are no failure. It's takes a lot to ask for help, and most times you will see when you ask for it somehow it is provided. Don't let the voice that tears you down win.
~ Jenny

Anonymous said...

Hey dude, don't be so hard on yourself!  I know!  I know!  That is a hard thing NOT to do.  I'm the same way!  I've found myself short on the bills myself this month, again.  I hate to live month by month, since I'm on social security.  It really sucks.  Hang in there kid!
Lots of Hugs, Linda