Monday, January 30, 2006

Grieving Part 2

"Every person you have loved has changed you.  What you have become because of loving them is how they will be with you always.  A relationship may come to an end.  But love is eternal.  You will never lose anyone whom you have truly loved."

A few weeks back I shared about grieving an abusive relationship.  Reading this morning in one of my daily readers helped put it in better light.  I know the person I am today is here only because of that relationship and for that part I am eternally grateful.  A friend stopped by who I only see maybe twice a year.  We talk for a few hours, laugh our asses off, I treat them and we go our separate ways again.  She pointed out that I keep looking better each time she sees me since I separated from my ex.  I feel it, but it is nice to have it noticed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"You will never lose anyone whom you have truly loved."

I had hoped that wasn't true, but have learned the hard way, fighting so hard to forget, that it is.
It's great people see postive changes in you. It's amazing what an abusive relationship not only does to us mentally but also physcially. Of course we don't see that then.
You must be doing something right, whatever it is keep it up.
~ Jenny