Sunday, January 1, 2006

My New Years Rant

Well as I look back over the last year (really year and a half since my ex left) I shake my head and wonder how I have done it.  How I have survived financially.  My ex left after she used up all our money and stated she didn't want to be poor.  When she left we actually had a negative bank account.  Since then it has been a constant effort to keep a roof over my head and food on the table.  Most of you know I have two jobs, but there was a time when I had five.  I am tired of the struggle.  I am tired of sending in bills late.  I am tired of the worry of will it cover everything. 

On the other side of the coin I am extremely happy in my life.  My friends have been a blessing to my emotional survival.  As all of you out there have become.  I have peace and serenity that I have never had before.  Like I conversation I had with my friend.  How bad is it when you can see the metal in your tire?  "Mike, one day we are going to look back on all of this and laugh."  I look forward to that day. 

Thank you for joining me on this journey.  Happy New Year.

~ Mike

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike,
Gem here..found your link through Tina (onemoretina) you have a wonderful journal. True to life story..I'll be back ;-)
Happy New Year~
Gem :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Mike! Yes, hang in there because things are bound to get better.

Anonymous said...

Maybe the day when you can look back and smile isn't too far away. With a little help from our friends we always get by.
~ Jenny

Anonymous said...

    Oh, I know the feeling, Mike.   Been there, and done that.  Sometimes the stress of finances is so overwhelming that it's hard to see past it to the good stuff in life, but it sounds as though you have succeeded in doing just that.  
    I wish you many good things in 2006 .... an end to your financial woes, and the happiness that peace of mind brings.  I'm glad I got the chance to know you, and look forward to sharing our stories in the coming year.  Thanks for being a special friend .... Tina http://journals.aol.com/onemoretina/Ridealongwithme

Anonymous said...

I went back in the archives to read this one!  your ex sound's like my ex's new wife....  she is in it for the money, once it is gone so will she be!
Sorry you had to go through this too!

Sharon