Friday, January 6, 2006

Tempted

I remember when I first started hanging out with my friend Paul about 5 years ago.  I remember something he said.  That we would always be tempted in life and that would never disappear.  I think about this as I received a phone call yesterday from a colleague.  He wanted to open a new practice and wanted me to be a partner.  My head swam and I wondered was this a winning lotto ticket for me in this problematic time.  Well I ran it past many friends yesterday mostly to hear what I was saying and I thank them for hearing my ramblings.  However it didn't come full circle until I was talking with a friend last night and she was asking about the abuse in my life.  Then it all clicked into place.  Here it was. I was being offered an invitation into a bad abusive relationship again.  This time a business one. I was being asked to put a lot into this venture without any long term benefits for me that I already don't have in my own business.  Just a lot more added headaches which I don't need and I have spent many years trying to get rid of the ones I already have.  As I have found in the past.  Until I have learned my lesson the lesson just keeps coming up.  So hopefully I have passed with flying colors this time than the many poor choices in the past.

Has nothing to do with the topic, but he was sooo cute I couldn;t resist.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know how I feel about going into partnerships with friends
we burned so babdly it still makes me shudder.
Cute bear btw Hugs, Marina

Anonymous said...

When you post pictures of fuzzy wuzzy cute things women get distracted. And notice how we go into baby talk with the cute things?? LOL.
I think you passed this one. Excellent!
~ Jenny