Sunday, January 8, 2006

My Meaning of Life

"What is true is that within the basic perfection of the gift of life, we're all give certain difficulties, limitations, and problems as a kind of meditative theme to unravel through our lives.  Whatever we must heal - immobilizing fear, explosive rages, abandonment in one or a hundred forms - is grist for transformation, opportunity for enlightenment.  Because love is our ultimate destination, this journey of healing is your life's true work." ~ Kingma

I read this this morning and it stated what I believe in so perfectly I had to share it here.  I have always been a person of you play the cards you have been dealt.  Whether it's a pair or a full house.  It is not what you have, but the way you deal with it that counts.  Through all my journeys and difficulties I have seen that the underlying thing is my overcoming my defects.  As long as I haven't done that I am continuously presented with the problem in many different ways until I get it.  Then I am allowed to move on to the next thing.  One of my friends has always been impressed with my ability to pick out what is really the problem.  I guess that is what has allowed me to progress at the speed that I do.  Knowing the problem is half the battle.  Thanks for following my journey.

No comments: